Did your family or ancestors make Christmas Cookies? How did you help? Did you have a favorite cookie?
UPDATE: boy did these posts make me hungry! And so many great recipes too!
- For many of us, Spritz cookies are a standard around the holidays. Gini of Ginisology tells us of the ones her mother from Germany makes.
- Elizabeth from Little Bytes of Life remembers her grandmother’s Snickerdoodles and provides us with a recipe.
- Tina at Tina’s Genealogical Wish List has managed to involve both her Mom and Dad in the Advent Calendar this year (way to go!). They both remember all the cookies made around Christmas.
- Have you ever heard of a “cookie walk?” I didn’t until I read this great post from Janet of Janet the Researcher.
- Without a doubt I think the most prolific cookie bakers and blog posters this year are those with Slovak ancestry, like Martin of The Slovak Yankee.
- Cheryl at Heritage Happens is a holiday baking maniac as you can see by her post and her photos!
Here is a listing of all Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories posts for today from GeneaBloggers’ member blogs:
Photo: Gingerbread Cookies via flickr. Used under Creative Commons 3.0 license.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee